Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new year. A new journal.

I'm not big into New Year's resolution. Belonging to the carpe diem camp (Thanks Dead Poet's Society), I tend to believe change should be embraced any day of the year. 

But I did buy a new journal to commemorate the new year. The journal of the last year being a valuable but endless chronicle of the confusion of an uncertain fate, I felt it was time for a new one. 

And while the uncertainty of my life's plan remains, it no longer walks hand in hand with anxiety. 

As a daily reminder that my life should be bold and my passion should not be hid behind my fear of failure, I selected a bright, red journal. 


And yeah, it's a Moleskin. I have a weakness for them...


Red for bold, new dreams. For fearlessness and courage. For a willingness to expect good and to let natural passion and vigor infuse my daily life.

Red, to love with a purity and intensity that knows no fear or trepidation.

Red, for I can and I will.

Red, to never rely on the love or approval of another to provide self-worth or a validation of my identity.

Red. A promise to live the life I've imagined. 

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. -Henry David Thoreau 






Happy New Year everyone! Hope it's a good one!





4 comments:

Starlight said...

Nikki, I wish you and British guy all the best in 2011. I hope that you'll fill your new Moleskine with lots of interesting moments and thoughts on your adventures so that we'll have lots of interesting reading from you this year.

Anonymous said...

Love this post, I 100% agree. And that quote is one of my favorites! I actually have it on a sticker inside my wallet so I see it everyday! Happy New Year, Nikki!!

Me said...

Wishing you a wonderful New Year as well ladies :) Thanks for your comments.

@Christine, I love that you have that quote in your wallet. What a great idea. I think I might do that as well!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's nice because I see it pretty much every day. It's a good reminder and encourager!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...